IDEAL ROLES FOR SCHOOL LEAVER or GRADUATE
Ideal roles for school leaver or graduate
A Coventry-based firm of Chartered Certified Accountants, specialising in small to medium-sized businesses, are looking for semi-senior accountants and accounts trainees to develop with the business over the coming years. You will receive career progression towards £30K earnings.
Training and role will include all aspects of:
- Annual accounts and taxation;
- Personal tax returns;
- Recordkeeping, payroll & PAYE, VAT returns;
- Management accounts;
- Business formations & setup, statutory filing;
- Customer telephone support.
- Required: 2 or more A levels (or Equivalent) in Maths, English, Business Studies, Accountancy. Grade B and above GCSE (or Equivalent) in Maths & English. Above average numeracy and literacy.
- Desirable: 2 year's experience, professional Accountancy Qualifications (such as ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, AAT, ATT) or Degree.
- Required: Proficient with MS windows-based applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Desirable: Experience with accountancy and tax programs such as Sage & Iris software suites.
- Ability to express opinions easily, with clear expressive language, for all verbally and written communication.
- Able to apply technical and practical knowledge to the situation, as well as personal listening and empathy skills.
- Ability to correctly identify and prioritise what needs to be done, then use time, energy and resources effectively to maximise productivity and achieve goals.
- Maintaining a positive outlook and persona, even when under pressure; a keenness to learn and improve through increased knowledge and understanding; a natural disposition towards asking relevant and probing questions.
- Actively interpreting the speaker to extract true meaning, including the willingness and ability to empathise (see below), and the use of effective questioning to efficiently gather relevant information.
- Identification with, and understanding of, the situation, feelings and motivations of customers and colleagues. Ability to see things from the perspective of others, and interpret non-language and behavioural elements.
- Meticulous and thorough approach, accomplishing tasks with concern for all other areas involved in the process, no matter how small. Can be depended upon to finalise each task accurately and completely.
- Ability to correctly interpret available information (and ask the right questions) to identify the problem. Identify and analyse possible solutions, then selecting the most appropriate option.
Keywords: Accounts, Accountancy, Accounts Assistant, Trainee Accountant, Tax, Sage