Would you like to use your languages? Do you speak fluent English? Can you also speak some French or Spanish?
This UK based provider of travel assistance services is looking for an outgoing, organised and sociable person to join their dynamic and friendly team based in Farnham, Surrey.
They provide 24/7 emergency assistance services and telephone support to international visitors to the UK and Ireland on behalf of their insurance companies. Every day is different and you will be required to look after all their clients to the highest standard in a fast moving and efficient manner. They handle all types of medical and dental emergencies as well as vehicle breakdowns and accidents.
The ability to multi task with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail is an essential requirement. You will be required to use your initiative and problem solving skills in a friendly and professional manner.
This is the perfect role for a graduate who speaks languages or an undergraduate looking for an internship using their language skills. It would also suit someone with customer service experience in a different area looking for a new and interesting challenge.
Everyone works on a shift basis including weekends and bank holidays. You will also need to be able to cover some night shifts as required. The day shifts fall between 07:45 and 21:15 and night shifts are from 21:00 until 08:00.
Duties will include:
- Answering and making telephone calls
- Communicating effectively with clients, patients, families, suppliers and colleagues
- Responding to and acting on emails
- Keeping client companies informed of progress at all times
- Maintaining accurate and confidential records
- Booking Doctor or Dentist appointments
- Booking hotels or transport
- Organising repatriations of cars and/or patients by various transport methods
- Offering technical support and guidance
- Need to be able to speak and write English fluently.
- Need to communicate in one of the other required languages to a proficient level.
- Be able to work occasional night shifts to cover sickness and holidays.
- Have good IT knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Be comfortable working in a busy team environment.
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Need to be accurate with high attention to detail.
- Enjoy working on the telephone.
- Take ownership for personal growth including open and responsive feedback.
- Live within an easy commute of Farnham, Surrey.
Full and ongoing training and support will be given to ensure all team members are able to provide the level of service our clients expect.
The team are friendly and sociable and regularly arrange social gatherings and celebrations for special events.
Other part-time and full-time positions are available from time-to-time including temporary positions over the summer holidays.