At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements.
We manage £324.9 billion (€409.7 billion/US$466.9 billion) on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions an d high net worth clients from around the world, invested in a broad range of active strategies across equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and real estate.
We employ over 3,700 talented people worldwide operating from 38 offices in 28 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting).
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders' operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Overview of role
Analyst Developers are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Analyst Developer core contribution will be leading software development and engineering tasks, they also significantly contribute to analysis and testing activities. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
The Group Technology Research Fundamentals team is responsible for the development and maintenance of our global bespoke and packaged insight systems which focus on investment research. We require an individual with a blend of business and technical skills to join the team. You will be expected to be a team player and to deliver quality code for bespoke new builds, enhancements and also provide some general application support.
• Responsible for leading development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of done within agreed sprint
• Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
• Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Analysis, Test)
• Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills where it is their non-core specialism
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
General and Technical skills
• Candidates must have strong technical knowledge of C#, LINQ, SQL Server 2008 or 2012, Unit or automation testing and WPF
• Demonstrable track record of working within a front office environment within Asset Management or financial services
• The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in Development and have experience of business analysis.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
• Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
• Consultative approach coupled with a "can-do" attitude
• Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills
• Team player building strong relationships with team and business clients
• Able to thrive in Agile Development environment
• Candidates will preferably have knowledge of Entity Framework, WCF Workflow Services, Design Patterns, UX and GUI Design and HTML5
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in a numerate subject, preferably computer science or similar
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) are preferred
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and
seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
To all recruitment agencies: Schroders does not accept agency resumes without agreed terms.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Schroders employees or any other company location. Schroders are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.