Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The successful candidate will be working within the Global Digital Client Services team, which is responsible for supporting the Digital initiatives for Schroders in both the Change and BAU functions. The global team comprises of Scrum Master, Agile Analysts and Analyst Developers.
Overview of role
Agile Analysts are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Agile Analyst's core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also contribute to development and testing activities. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
• Support Digital Client Services Capability (Product) Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Digital Engagement Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
• Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Digital Client Services Capability (Product) Owner
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Digital Client Services Capability (Product) Owner
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (e.g. Development , & Testing)
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
General and Technical skills
• A minimum of 8 years' experience in Business Analysis involving Financial Services industry experience preferred
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
• Has been involved in the end to end delivery of public facing web sites driven by web content management systems and online client servicing portals
• Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
• Some knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools and common programming languages is preferred
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences & time zones
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Excellent understanding of the business context of the Digital Client Services capability & ability to communicate how the work delivered by the team meets these business goals
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level
• Qualification of Certified Business Analysis Professional would be advantageous
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
Note To Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.