This job can be based in Manchester or London: The Government Security Profession refers to over 1700 Civil Servants who work within the UK government on projects relating to information security. This is an area that is of increasing importance as new threats to cyber security are continually emerging.
The Head of Government Security Profession Team is a new position, to manage a team of 9. The purpose of the team is to manage the attraction, retention and upskilling of IT security professionals across government.
Some of the work involved will include:
• Building a brand for the Government Security Profession
• Attracting and retaining skilled professionals including graduates, apprentices and career security professionals
• Developing staff in line with public sector skills and creating career pathways
• Collaborating with different government departments and private sector professional bodies
What we are looking for:
• Experienced team manager
• Interest in cyber security, information assurance and related fields
• Project and/or programme management
• Previous examples of working with stakeholders from different levels and business areas to bring together views of activities and policies
This position can be based either in Central London or Manchester. Currently this is set to be a 2-year fixed-term appointment, but will provide an excellent platform for continuing your career elsewhere in the Civil Service.
If your application is successful, a member of the HMRC recruitment team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.