Graduate Software Engineer (Graduate, Engineer)
Salary: Highly Competitive + bonus & benefits
About the Graduate Software Engineer (Graduate, Engineer) role
Sophos is a next-generation IT security vendor that has stayed at theforefront of the industry by understanding the threat landscape,changing business needs and customer challenges.
We are constantly looking for ways to revolutionise how securitytechnology interacts with the user; and have a penchant for solvingcomplex and challenging technical problems in a creative and innovative manner.
Due to our continuing growth and success we currently have a number ofexciting new opportunities within our engineering teams and are lookingfor bright, ambitious and creative graduates who want to kick-start acareer in IT Security with a top security vendor.
Sophos prides itself in developing top talent and providing anenvironment where you can learn and develop your skills and careeralongside some of the world s leading software engineers.
Main Duties of the Graduate Software Engineer (Graduate, Engineer):
You will be working in the fastest growing industry sector in the worldfor one of the fastest growing security vendors in the world, andlearning from the best in the business!
You will join one of our Engineering teams, working on endpoint orserver security software, core detection capability, or cloudmanagement. We will provide all of the necessary support to enable youto succeed in contributing directly to the high-quality products that werelease to our customers.
You will quickly be exposed to the full project lifecycle, contributingat all stages, and pairing with our experienced developers during theagile development phase.
Your career with Sophos is then what you make it the opportunitiesare here for progression, with previous graduates having gone on to keytechnical and managerial positions within the company. You could becomethe architect of a new product, or manage and develop future graduatestowards their own career goals.
We usually take on a number of graduates each year and, along with ourannual intake of interns, find that there is an active social sceneamongst them. Oxford is close by, offering the nightlife expected of astudent city, and there is a leisure centre alongside our headquartersfor those with an interest in sports. We also have occasional on-siteevents, recent examples include karting around the staff car park, movienights, and our own music festival!
Main Responsibilities of the Graduate Software Engineer (Graduate, Engineer):
- Write product code along with test automation to deliver againstproject timescales, quality and requirements
- Effectively contribute during pair programming to deliver tasks asrequired by the agile team
- Contribute to daily stand-ups, kick-offs, collaborative estimationand retrospective meetings
- Participate in the design of products in line with asset technicalstrategy, quality and functionality requirements
- Actively contribute to release planning and drive for high-value andhigh-quality solutions which meet business needs
- Participate in security reviews of new developments to ensure thatreleased products comply with Sophos security requirements and industrybest practice
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed
Experience and Skills of the Graduate Software Engineer (Graduate, Engineer):
- Experience of developing code in any language
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and apply them to the role
- Natural problem solver who enjoys being challenged
- Able to work autonomously whilst working collaboratively within thewider team environment
- Interpersonal communication style, a natural relationship builder whouses these skills to deliver
- BSc in Computing or other numerate discipline, or equivalent experience
- Development using C++ or Java
- Scripting using Python
- Experience of working within Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms
- Experience with automated regression testing
- The remuneration package includes:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Death in service policy (life assurance)
- Permanent health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Personal accident cover
Working conditions at Sophos are very good and include:
Subsidised staff restaurant
Free beverages, fruit and pastries
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submitresumes to any person or email address at Sophos prior to having asigned agreement from Human Resources. Sophos is not liable for and willnot pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency.Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place willbe considered your company's gift to Sophos and may be forwarded to ourrecruiters for their attention.
To apply for the Graduate Software Engineer (Graduate, Engineer) role,please click the Apply now button.
- provided by Dice