Sophos is a next-generation IT security vendor that has stayed at theforefront of the industry by understanding the threat landscape,changing business needs and customer challenges. Our IT Applicationsteam develops the systems Sophos relies upon to operate and deliver theproducts and services for which weve become known around the world. Weare constantly looking for ways to revolutionise how technologyinteracts with the user; and have a penchant for solving complex andchallenging technical problems in a creative and innovative manner.
Sophos prides itself in developing top talent and providing anenvironment where you can learn and develop your skills and career.
Due to our continuing growth and success we currently have a number ofexciting new opportunities within our IT agile teams and are looking forbright, ambitious and creative graduates who want to kick-start a careerin IT Security with a top security vendor.
What we are looking for
To succeed in this role, youll be passionate about Information Systemsdevelopment, and keen to use your programming and scripting skills, yourinnovative ideas and problem solving talent to help the team develop theleading edge solutions for your customers, open to face new challengesand work with new technologies. Youll feel at home within an Agile teamwith its open communications, pair programming, commitment to qualityand focus on getting things done.
What you should expect
You will be working in the fastest growing industry sector in the worldfor one of the fastest growing security vendors in the world, andlearning from the best in the business!
You will join one of our IT Solutions teams, working on industryleading CRM and CMS platforms, or cloud integration and data managementsolutions. We will provide all of the necessary support to enable you tosucceed in contributing directly to the high-quality solutions that werelease to our customers.
You will quickly be exposed to the full project lifecycle, contributingat all stages, and pairing with our experienced developers during theagile development phase.
Your career with Sophos is then what you make it the opportunitiesare here for progression, with previous graduates having gone on to keytechnical and managerial positions within the company. You could becomethe architect of a new product, or manage and develop future graduatestowards their own career goals.
We usually take on a number of graduates each year and, along with ourannual intake of interns, find that there is an active social sceneamongst them. Oxford is close by, offering the nightlife expected of astudent city, and there is a leisure centre alongside our headquartersfor those with an interest in sports. We also have occasional on-siteevents, recent examples include karting around the staff car park, movienights, and our own music festival!
- Write product code along with test automation to deliver againstproject timescales, quality and requirements
- Effectively contribute working solely and during pair programming todeliver tasks as required by the agile team
- Contribute to daily stand-ups, kick-offs, collaborative estimationand retrospective meetings
- Participate in the design of solutions in line with asset technicalstrategy, quality and functionality requirements
- Actively contribute to release planning and drive for high-value andhigh-quality solutions which meet business needs
- Participate in security reviews of new developments to ensure thatreleased products comply with Sophos security requirements and industrybest practice
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed
- Experience and Skills
- Experience of developing code in any language
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and apply them to the role
- Natural problem solver who enjoys being challenged
- Able to work autonomously whilst working collaboratively within thewider team environment
- Interpersonal communication style, a natural relationship builder whouses these skills to deliver
- BSc in Computing or other numerate discipline, or equivalent experience
- Development using C# or Java
- Experience of working within Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud services platforms
- Experience with automated testing
The remuneration package includes:
Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
Group personal pension scheme
Private medical insurance
Critical illness insurance
Death in service policy (life assurance)
Permanent health insurance
Personal accident cover
Working conditions at Sophos are very good and include:
Subsidised staff restaurant
Free beverages, fruit and pastries
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submitresumes to any person or email address at Sophos prior to having asigned agreement from Human Resources. Sophos is not liable for and willnot pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency.Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place willbe considered your company's gift to Sophos and may be forwarded to ourrecruiters for their attention. Thank you. - provided by Dice