London Graduate Placement
Start Date - 18th September 2017
Amazon is working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It is as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
About this graduate placement
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services -- now widely known as cloud computing. Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. With data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, customers across all industries are taking advantage of the AWS low cost, elastic, open and flexible, secure platform.
AWS is now looking for motivated technologists able to build, document and communicate reference technical solutions in partnership with veteran AWS Solutions Architects. Successful applicants will receive deep dive training in modern infrastructure management and application development. Training opportunities will include comprehensive training programs and multi-day classroom courses, with opportunities to achieve industry respected certifications. Throughout the placement, Technical Researchers will be exposed to relevant real-world challenges of large and well-known technology organizations based in UK and Ireland.
The solutions developed as a Technical Researcher will be designed in partnership with experienced Solutions Architects and will target specific business challenges identified in key audiences of the AWS platform. The Technical Researcher will have freedom to explore AWS services in order to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that directly address the commercial challenges for many of the AWS customers. As a Technical Researcher, you will dive deep into a project specification, seek support and guidance where appropriate and ultimately provide support for build and documentation of a part of a holistic reference architecture. The ability to demonstrate and help document measurable business value against the latest technology best practices and creating compelling documents to this effect is critical to the Technical Researcher.
• Review and help improve architectural designs for reference solutions.
• Help building templates that orchestrate launching of solution parts.
• Write documents that describe and justify design choices of solution parts.
• Occasionally support early stage customer enquiries directly.
• Work with Solutions Architects to investigate customer requirements.
• Track feature requests of customers and notify customer support roles once new features are available.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Bachelor of Science degree in a related technical discipline.
• 2017 or 2016 Graduate
• Coding or scripting language with Bash, Python or similar.
• Ownership of personal or educational technical projects.
• Object oriented programming experience.
• Familiarity with web application hosting.
• SQL querying.
• Monitoring, alerting and dashboards.