Amazon is building the next-generation of video game technology. Our mission is to re-invent game development for the future of cloud-connected, continuously-updated games, played by millions and watched by billions on Twitch.
We are looking for an analytical, and enthusiastic Head of Product Management with a deep developer empathy and knowledge to lead the development of our game cloud services. This project involves inventing and building cloud services that power great games and transform the way games are built. This person will need excellent leadership, organizational, and project management skills that complement deep experience in cross-group collaboration. Partnering with Twitch, you will enable the experiences that will power the video games industry for years to come.
The person in this role will own the product execution, including creating product definitions, working with engineers to build it, gaining insights with customers, and designing the launch plans. The ideal candidate will have a technical background, extensive software product management experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to break down complex, ambiguous problems, and a strong will to deliver results. Other keys to success include consumer and mobile product experience and love for watching games on Twitch and playing games on Steam, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and BattleNet.
• Experience with production and/or product management experience
• Strong technical background, demonstrated through technical undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
• Wide range of skills including strategic thinking, working with internal and external partners, and managing large projects to completion.
• Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
• Insist on the highest standards and obsess over creating products that delight gamers and game developers.
• Experience with console, PC or mobile games with significant online components
• Success delivering products in a startup, or other fast-paced, high-growth environment
• Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (e.g. multiplayer, analytics, monetization)