An exciting new business is revolutionising the health and pharmaceutical industry and they want you to be part of it!
This business is a recently funded technology based startup that will transform pharmacies all over the UK into virtual GP surgeries, allowing patients to get a medical assessment, a prescription and the medication they need on a grab and go basis.
Quality Assurance (QA) is an attitude rather than a department - and the successful QA Engineer will be integrated into the Software Development teams, validating the success of the QA process and identifying any issues as early as possible within the software development life-cycle
They are currently looking for a bright new recruit for the test team. You will work alongside the Development team who will mentor and support you. Ideally you'll already have testing or QA experience or maybe you are a recent graduate who enjoys the test and QA side of development. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Plan, carry out and document the testing of all software developed by the company
- Manual testing of individual work streams
- Bug Tracking
- Attending design and demonstration meetings
- Creating test cases
- Advising on usability issues
- Liaising with internal development and support teams
- Performing regression testing
- Acting as a subject matter expert in the product
- A good numerate degree (Maths, Science or Computer Science)
- Keen attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication
- Able to plan and organise work load
Preferred skills (but not essential as training will be provided):
- Previous experience testing web based applications
- Knowledge of basic software development life-cycle processes.
- SQL knowledge
- Enthusiasm for Software and Technology
- Always aware of the end user experience when using the software
- Conscientious attitude
- Strong communication skills and able to deal professionally with people at all levels
- Able to think creatively, balancing best practice against the needs of the business
- Willing to contribute to other areas of work outside normal areas of responsibility
- Willing to learn new skills to cope with the needs of the role
If you're interested in this exciting position then please send your latest CV to for immediate consideration and interview slots.