JOB TITLE: Lab Technician
SALARY & BENEFITS: £16,000 - £18,000 pa - depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm (30 mins lunch) -
THE COMPANY: We are pleased to be working with a very well established company that has been providing critical garment services within the UK for over 30 years, but has been established for over 100 years starting as a steam laundry.
The company is a market leader in the provision of clean garments to the food processing and manufacturing industries, and also offers consumables and PPE services, and they are a large supplier to the pharmaceuticals industry.
THE ROLE: The role involves taking responsibility for activities in the laboratory including routine/ad-hoc testing and laboratory administration. You will provide laboratory testing to support product, service, process, and technology development projects with the aim of adding value and quality in order to enhance sales opportunities, streamline processes and exceed customer expectations.
• Administer, undertake and manage laboratory testing, including microbiological, chemical and physical tests.
• Undertake routine and non-routine testing associated with process or product validation, investigations and other research and development activities.
• Interpret and act upon routine test results, including investigation and resolution where appropriate.
• Maintain full, accurate and retrievable records of projects and related project management documentation.
• Maintain accurate and retrievable laboratory records.
• Maintain the laboratory and laboratory equipment in a clean, safe, operational condition, including arranging and carrying out calibration tests where applicable.
• Administer systems covering the development and authorisation of new garment styles and wash trials, including the issuing of reports and archiving samples.
• Maintain all R+D systems and records as specified in department and company SOPs.
THE CANDIDATE: Ideally you will have experience or hold scientific qualifications. You must have a methodical, diligent and meticulous approach to work. Full UK driving licence is essential for this post.
The ideal candidate will also have the following skills and attributes:
• Scientific qualifications / experience preferred, but not essential (an undergraduate degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology or related subjects would be most appropriate)
• Good IT skills in the use of Microsoft office products
• Full UK driving licence
• Personal drive and self-motivation
• Good time management skills
• Good planning and recording skills
• Fluent spoken and written English
Are you the Lab Technician we are looking for? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.