LOCATION: York, North Yorkshire
JOB TITLE: Marketing & Communications Executive
SALARY & BENEFITS: £25,000 per annum, plus pension and benefits
WORKING HOURS: Full Time (40 hours per week) will require occasional weekend and bank holiday work
THE COMPANY: Our client operates a magnificent 18th century residence set within 8000 acres of breathtaking landscape in the Howardian Hills, located 15 miles from the historical city of York. With world-renowned collections, stunning architecture, idyllic gardens and a year round events help to create an inspirational environment to be part of and bring visitors to.
Our client is now seeking an experienced, creative and pro active self-starter to join their Marketing team at based at Castle Howard. You will have had experience within a similar tourist environment, be confident across all genre of social media, web editing and digital technology and competent using CMS.
THE ROLE: As a Marketing & Communications Executive no week will be the same; with a year round events calendar and a working Estate there is plenty to share with our client's visitors and new audiences. It won't be all filming and events though, part of the role will be analysing traffic and implementing press and PR campaigns and building the online presence through a range of ways.
Key Duties for the Marketing & Communications Executive role in York, North Yorkshire :-
- Produce interesting, creative content for all marketing channels as well as press releases, tweets and blogs
- Develop content strategy for digital platforms, undertake regular proactive Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and maintain regular updates of the website content (latest news, events and releases etc.)
- Manage all press and filming enquiries and chaperone crews and also maintain a library of work with photographers to provide briefs
- Work with agencies or freelancers to produce video content and interactive content to promote the business
- Develop and execute a digital CRM strategy, social media campaigns and execute email campaigns and monitor click through rates
- Monitor web traffic and work with the IT Team to maximise engagement, analyse campaigns using Google Analytics and other social media monitoring tools
- Brief and produce printed materials to promote the core offer and events including artwork for online publications, and resize images for various channels
- Develop positive working relationships with internal colleagues and external media/ partners
- Support the team at key functions, including external events and exhibitions
**This is not an exhaustive list of duties and full Job Description will be emailed upon completion of your application
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the Marketing & Communications Executive's role must be a graduate with a Marketing degree (or equivalent) and have press working experience and experience of tourism / leisure or retail marketing. You should have suitable experience in a similar marketing role and have good knowledge of new media including digital technologies, web editing and social media and must have experience of using CMS (content management systems). You should have proven experience of analysing data to improve campaign results and be a proactive self-starter with the ability to make decisions within the scope of work and guidelines/ process provided. You must be a highly organised person who can prioritise well and meet deadlines, must have excellent communication skills, and have good numeracy skills with good knowledge of spreadsheets and data analysis.
Due to the rural location of the estate and little public transport, candidates must have own transport and means to commute easily to the Howardian Hills area (YO60).
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the Marketing & Communications Executive's role in York, North Yorkshire :-
• Marketing degree (or equivalent) and have press working experience
• Experience of tourism / leisure or retail marketing essential
• Experience of using CMS (content management systems)
• Experience using Google Analytics or experience of analysing data to improve campaign results essential
• Organised and motivated, especially when up against deadlines
• Proactive, self-starter with ability to make decisions within scope of work and guidelines/ process provided
• Numerate with good knowledge of spreadsheets and data analysis
• Although not essential, experience using Indesign would be desirable
Does this sound like you? If Yes then click the apply button now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.