LOCATION: Hailsham, East Sussex
JOB TITLE: Minibus Driver
SALARY & BENEFITS: £8.12 per hour
WORKING HOURS Three 8 hour shifts/week - Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Includes some evenings. 36 weeks / year.
THE COMPANY: Our client is the Bader International Study Centre for Queen's University (Canada). Located at Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex the centre teaches undergraduate courses to students providing credits towards their degrees in Canada.
THE ROLE: Your role as a Minibus Driver based in Hailsham will be to drive our client's minibuses and pool car on official business as required. The transport department consists of five members of staff; the Minibus & General Scheduler, and four Drivers
Key Responsibilities of a Minibus Driver to include:-
• Drive the Study Centre's minibuses, adhering to the weekly schedule of trips.
• Drive in a responsible manner at all times, and comply with road safety legislation and speed limits.
• Comply with current Health & Safety at Work Law
• Maintain adequate discipline on minibus trips, ensuring that all rules are adhered to.
• Provide care, basic maintenance and cleaning of the minibuses and pool car on an agreed regular basis.
• Liaise with the Experiential Learning Manager and Student & Enrolment Services Manager as necessary to provide guidance and assistance to students etc, during field trips and other organised events involving the use of our client's transport.
• Ensure that all vehicles are properly maintained within an agreed service schedule and that road fund licences, MOT's, etc remain current, bringing the need for action to the attention of the Bursar.
• Undertake responsibility for the general tidiness and maintenance of the garage where the minibuses are parked.
• Maintain an adequate level of administration in relation to the duties referred to the above two duties.
• Assist in transporting items between estate buildings, time permitting.
• Carry out general local errands on behalf of other departments, time permitting.
• Any other duties that may reasonably be requested, depending on the time available when all other duties have been fulfilled.
Please note this list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out any other duties as may be required.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have recent experience in a similar role. They must have the ability to read maps and plan routes accordingly. The successful Minibus Driver must be computer literate and be able to send emails. Our client is looking for someone who has a basic understanding of vehicle maintenance as a minimum and be able to communicate with a wide cross section of people, especially those of student age 17 - 22 years.
Key experience essential for the role of Minibus Driver based in Hailsham, East Sussex:
• Must be within a commutable distance of Hailsham, East Sussex
• Must have a clean licence with category D1 and minibus experience required
• Must hold a Driver's Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
• Employment subject to references and DBS check.
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Minibus Driver position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.