SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
To be the day to day contact on allocated areas of accounts, on both an internal and external basis, delivering an efficient, effective and profitable service. To control and progress jobs through the Agency system, keeping all departments fully informed.
Understanding the Agency
• The agencies credentials.
• Familiarisation with McCann corridor companies.
• Understand and implement, where relevant, proprietary tools of Brand Footprint, Selling Strategy and Pulse.
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of other Agency departments
• Understand and proactively implement the appropriate admin/briefing/scheduling procedures required by other Agency departments
• Understand the financial management process relating to client accounts and take an active role in terms of budget and cost management on all assigned projects on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and maintain a close and productive relationship with relevant client contacts, acting with integrity at all times
• Identify problems as they arise and deal with them when appropriate, keeping the Account Manager appraised at all times.
• Provide day to day contact with client and take the lead on certain projects outlined by the Account Manager.
• Respond promptly to client requests, managing expectations in terms of speed and delivery of response, using appropriate briefing/admin structures
• Work with Account Manager to ensure all jobs are scheduled on time and budget and monitor progress through the Agency (using appropriate admin recording procedures)
• Take ownership of the issuing and distribution of regular 'work in progress' reports internally and externally
• Draft and issue contact reports for key meetings and telephone conversations within 24 - 48 hours, gaining Account Manager approval prior to distribution
• Work with Account Manager to research and prepare background information for briefs/pitches/presentations
• Proactively coordinate team work in progress meetings ensuring all status reports are completed in advance.
• Develop an understanding of client's business
• Front relevant creative briefing meetings and contribute to minor creative briefings with the client.
• Distinguish between a good and poor client brief, and question with guidance to help formulate a clearer brief before it is accepted.
Creative Awareness and Management
• For the briefs you have a responsibility for, develop an understanding of the briefing process and assist the Account Manager to:
o Understand what is required by the client, budget and timescales
o Understand what is required by the creative team to deliver the best creative product
o Add value to the creative process by providing relevant information such as consumer insight, product information, competitor understanding
o Communicate clearly and concisely the requirements of the brief in both written and verbal formats
o Use appropriate briefing documents and issue production schedule at point of briefing
o Ensure all briefs are signed off by Account Manager and client before briefing the Creative Department
• Manage the Creative Production schedule and monitor costs on a regular basis to ensure all activity is delivered on time and budget, scheduling regular interim creative reviews and co-ordinating senior personnel and approval
• Judge creative ideas for factual accuracy and relevance to brief.
• Ensure all creative work is signed off by relevant personnel before leaving the Agency
• Ensure all mandatory requirements are included
• Proof read all material prior to presentation
• Take an active role in the presentation of creative visuals
• Host and take the lead in minor creative presentations, both internally and externally.
• Good understanding of studio and production processes across all disciplines (press, print, DM, studio and repro), proactively identifying and addressing individual knowledge gaps.
• Responsible for taking initial client requirements and briefing work directly into production.
• Responsible for trafficking of all artwork through studio and/or production and ensuring timely delivery.
• Effectively prioritise all studio requirements, involving relevant creative team to ensure approval on significant artwork changes.
• Be mindful of cost implications on repro and artwork amends, cross referencing between quote and WIP costs, and reforecasting where appropriate with Account Manager.
• Through client contact, highlight opportunities for driving new business and current work through Studio
• Understand the role of media in communications planning.
• Understand the implications of specific media on creative and production lead times.
• Form a close working relationship with media personnel and involve media personnel in work in progress meetings when appropriate.
Administration and Financial Management
• Maintain a systematic and efficient filing system
• Ensure job number and job records are kept up-to-date, providing detailed and relevant commentary
• Produce and distribute accurate quotes at the beginning of each Campaign, gaining approval from Account Manager
• Draft timing plans for Media and Production with appropriate member of Production Department and ensure compliance with Line Manager
• Liaise with appropriate Financial Administrator to ensure accurate and timely billing, monitoring ongoing costs throughout individual Campaigns
• Issue status reports on a weekly basis
• Ensure smooth running of day to day activities i.e. meetings, facilities
• Complete timesheets at the end of each day and submit to Finance on a weekly basis
• Immediately notify appropriate Manager of any billing or financial query
• Understanding of client's terms of business, how the contract is structured in terms of payment, and the basis of revenue recognition and profitability
• Proactively pursue self development opportunities within the Account Group
• Proactively identify opportunities to own and lead specific projects, and contribute to internal and external briefings and presentations.
• Assume joint responsibility with Line Manager for regularly reviewing performance and personal development
• Take responsibility for assisting in the development of Trainee Account Executives.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties as assigned by their Manager from time to time.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Educated to graduate level or equivalent
• Understand and articulate the basics of advertising and marketing
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
• PC literate