We are looking for outstanding candidates to join us as full-time Software Development Engineers for the Amazon Registry Services team. Successful candidates will have strong technical ability, a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You will work as part of an Agile team at our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland as part of the Amazon Registry Services team. You will be responsible for building out support for Amazon owned generic Top Level Domains (gTLD) setting the architecture, coordinating onboarding of 3P technologies, integrating with existing Amazon systems (data warehouse, etc.) and delivering v1 of our new registry offering.
You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at scale, 24x7. The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
• Extensive experience providing technical leadership as a senior engineer.
• Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated coding and problem solving skills in at least one modern programming language.
• Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including Agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, build and deployment processes.
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers.
• Experience operating and maintaining production software.
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation).
• Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
• Experience in basic data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
• Results oriented and analytical, with a strong customer and business focus.
• Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems.
• Strong sense of ownership, with a passion for software and continuous learning.
We offer a highly competitive salary, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.