We are looking for Software Development Engineers to join our friendly, international team in central Edinburgh. You will work in one of our small, Agile Ad Programs teams - Automated Privacy and Audience Insights.
Our Privacy and Security team is responsible for raising the bar on our high standards for customer trust within our advertising environments. Their work includes working with large data sets, creating and managing systems that can monitor other systems, and the creation and enforcement of best practices within our software.
Our Audience Insights team is helping advertisers understand how customers of their brand shop on Amazon. As part of this task we're building datasets to produce insights across multiple dimensions and a set of narratives and infographics that allow advertisers to drive their strategic advertising decisions relating to their brands. Your team will build the big data platform to generate unique insights and will also develop industry leading data visualization to produce compelling, actionable narratives that showcase the value of this data to our customers.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We're looking for engineers who can delight customers by continually learning and inventing. From day one, you'll be working with experienced engineers, designers and applied scientists who love what they do.
• Computer Science degree (2:1 or better) or other technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience will be considered.
• Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including some aspects of agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, continuous build and deployment processes.
• Demonstrated coding skills in a language such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++ or C#
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals including a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization).
• Linux/UNIX (command-line tools, shell scripts, operations).
• Experience in basic data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
• Experience mentoring and coaching others.
• Results oriented and analytical, with a customer and business focus.
• Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
• Innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems.
• Strong sense of ownership, with a passion for software and continuous learning.
We offer a strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.