You will lead an Agile engineering team in at our Development Centre in Edinburgh, Scotland. You will be responsible for everything from product ideas through to technology, software engineering and operations. You and your team will be accountable for running the systems you build, continually inventing new features and improving your performance against business and operational metrics. Successful candidates will have a background in software development, most likely with a Computer Science degree. You will be detail-driven, numerate and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should be a confident people manager with a track record of growing high performance teams.
You must be able to:
• Be a credible Agile engineering leader for a team of high-performing software engineers.
• Partner with colleagues across the company (and across the world) to define and deliver complex products / features.
• Lead the delivery of large, complex projects.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, escalate as needed, balance business needs versus technical constraints.
• Write effectively, sharing relevant project updates, plans and metrics with stakeholders.
• You will have significant experience in software engineering development and team lead roles, including line management.
• You will hold a Computer Science degree (2:1 or better) or have undertaken postgraduate study (applicants with a degree in a related discipline who have demonstrated a strong grounding in Computer Science and experience in Software Engineering will also be considered).
• Prior experience of software development and a solid grounding in Computer Science, including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, programming languages and distributed systems.
• Experience with modern software development practices including automated testing, refactoring, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
• Experience leading the delivery of large, cross-team projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience analyzing business and operational metrics.
• Advanced quantitative analytical abilities.
• Experience delivering complex projects in partnership with remote colleagues.
• Product Management / Ownership Experience
• Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Strong sense of ownership and a passion for leading a team to deliver a world-class user experience.
• Results oriented and analytical, with a strong customer and business focus.
• Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems.
We have a strong benefits package which includes healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career in a unique, passionate and international environment, work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.