Want to lead a team responsible for making use of Amazon's internal talent management data, providing insights to managers and hundreds of thousands of employees? You can help us deliver an awesome employee experience, building tools to manage Talent data, analytics and insights. Come be part of a team that will directly shape and influence the future growth of every employee at Amazon.
We are looking for an outstanding Software Development Manager to join our Global Talent Management team in Edinburgh, Scotland.
You will develop the long-term strategy for managing Talent Mangement data, including data warehousing, analytics and insight generation including predictive modeling and machine learning. You will translate business requirements into an achievable roadmap and then manage execution against project plans and delivery commitments. You will hire world-class colleagues, developing and retaining your team. You will need to help make architectural decisions with multi-year effects, drive consensus for hard technical trade-offs and lead risky R&D efforts to success, enabling world-class data analysis.
Qualified candidates will have excellent leadership and strategic customer-focused thinking skills demonstrated through multiple successful product release cycles. You will have a proven ability to collaborate and communicate well, and be able to mentor and grow high-potential engineers. Successful candidates will not only be passionate about creating reliable and maintainable systems but also motivated to develop high-performance teams through effective goal setting, attention to performance and operational metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
You will have significant experience in software engineering development and team lead roles, including line management. You will hold a Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or have undertaken postgraduate study (applicants with a degree in a related discipline who have demonstrated a strong grounding in Computer Science and experience in Software Engineering will also be considered).
• Significant experience as an Agile project manager and a line manager in a software development team.
• Prior experience of software development and a solid grounding in Computer Science, including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, programming languages and distributed systems.
• Experience with best-practice software engineering including Agile methods, automated testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and deployment.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• Experience of running an end-to-end data-focused team, working directly with software developers and machine learning experts to design, plan, develop, and iterate quickly.
• Experience building data warehousing and data analytics teams from scratch, using open source and cloud technologies to build data platform capabilities, rather than using off-the-shelf vendor solutions.
• Results oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
• The ability to take raw product requirements and bring them to life.
• Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a cooperative team player.
• Ability to communicate and discuss topics with technical, design and business audiences.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems.
• Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Strong sense of ownership and a passion for leading a team to deliver a world-class user experience.
We offer a highly competitive salary, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.