This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious architectural and structural engineering consultancy on a permanent basis. You will be a key player within a well-established team of industry experts.
Your New Company
Fast growing Architectural & Property Development practice that prides itself on delivering high quality design solutions primarily in the luxury residential sector. Due to an increased workload, they are now looking to grow the practice and an exciting opportunity has been created for a skilled Structural Engineer to join the team in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire.
Your new role
You will sit on the Senior Leadership team and be responsible for leading the structural department.
This will involve:
- Creating the Structural Design, Feasibility Studies & offering on-site solutions
- You will liaise with both the CAD team and the Directors in order to ensure that a committed service is offered on all projects.
- You will be responsible for liaising with clients, construction site managers and building control authorities as well as the internal stakeholders in the office.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will ideally be a Chartered Engineer/ have solid UK residential structural design experience having performed in a similar role previously.
- You will be attending site and client meetings so experience of dealing with a variety of stakeholders at a senior level is essential
- You will be preparing structural calculations with solutions, liaising with the other senior staff & spending time on site
- As a business Landmark is committed to working with the Government in training up apprentices and graduates, and as such you will be tasked with mentoring these employees on occasion
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary as well as enjoying working in an idyllic rural office setting. You will have developments and training opportunities, excellent holidays, a varied workload and a clear path to progress. Further benefits and bonuses are available for the right candidate who can assist the company with its rapid growth plans.
- MEng in Civil/Structural Engineering or a first degree in a relevant discipline
- Successful track record working with UK building structures and infrastructure design
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Proficient working in AutoCad
- Experience working with Teklar, WinDES, Revit, Civils 3D, PDS, or equivalent design software
- Experience with designing houses, e.g. foundations, drains, basements, piling, steel structures, reinforced concrete, roofing etc
- Chartered Membership/Associate Membership of the IStructE or ICE