GDS IT within the Investment Bank supports external data feeds of counterparty data from data cleansing service companies, regulators and data providers. As the IT Data Distribution lead you will be working within the Data Sourcing stream of Client Data IT to design and build systems to process the incoming data feeds that will facilitate the GDS Distribution Strategy.
The role will require someone with significant experience in IT and reference data. You will need to work closely with the many areas of the bank, Any prior experience of working with such functions will be beneficial to the applicant.
Main responsibilities will be:
• Contribute to the strategy definition and execution thereof of the IDP solution for GDS IT
• The technical project management of the IDP solution, in-line with the requirements from stakeholders and GDS IT.
• Management of a technical delivery team both onshore and offshore to deliver the strategic solution.
• Face off to key senior stakeholders within Operations and Risk with regard to supporting sourcing and mastering of static legal entity reference data
• Interaction with external data vendors to ensure incoming data can be efficiently processed and represents good value to UBS
• Provide subject-matter expertise on Data Sourcing and Master Data Management to the wider GDS IT team and their stakeholders
Technical Delivery Lead
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
• UBS is a forward-thinking, ideas-driven organisation; meritocracy, ambition, performance and learning define the culture of the firm
• It is a diverse organisation, where differences of background and perspective are recognised as strengths, and the individual differences and unique contribution of each person are valued and leveraged
• By nurturing a climate in which these qualities can flourish, UBS recognises that we will continue to build a winning team of talented individuals
Your experience and skills
• A graduate with a good honours degree
• 5 years+ of experience in IT Technical Project Management
• Experience of developing systems based on UBS-core technologies, including Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) and Oracle 10g
• Significant experience with processing large data volumes.
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven ability to structure high level analysis, develop strategic recommendations and present findings to senior audiences
• Technical Background in technologies such as Oracle, Java, J2EE is desirable
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?