This company is a privately held British software development company focused on geographic information systems (GIS) and web mapping software, with a broad portfolio of products, a wide range of UK and international partners, and a diverse user base.
They are currently seeking a software support engineer to join the highly experienced and skilled Technical Services team.
Reporting to the Technical Service Manager, the role will be to provide technical support and consultancy services to their customers and partners. As part of the team, you will get to work with a wide range of software technologies including their core desktop and web technologies and other third party related software.
- Educated to degree or Masters level
- A background in GIS or a related discipline e.g. scientific or engineering
- Have a keen interest in GIS and web mapping technologies
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills that can be applied in this customer facing role
- Candidates should be confident, adaptable and self-motivated
Other skills relevant to the role:
- Knowledge of databases and web services
- Basic programming skills such as Python and VB.Net
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Experience in using other GIS technology such as QGIS
Would suit either a graduate or applicant with some experience.
The role is likely to involve direct customer interaction and travel within the UK.
Competitive salary between £21,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
- Some core hours flexibility
- Company pension
- Private health insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
- Permanent health insurance
This company is an equal opportunities employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Job applicants are not subject to discrimination on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion or belief, race, disability or age.
This company is not a licensed UK visa sponsor, and is therefore only seeking EU applicants.
Direct applications only: no agencies.