This award winning creative agency is seeking a graduate to kick-start a career in web design. You will be joining a close-knit, sociable team that is looking to expand. Your primary role will involve collaborating with their project teams to create exciting and responsive designs that push the boundaries of industry standards.
- You will have a design related degree with a focus on responsive web design.
- You will be a passionate individual, who loves all things digital.
- You will not only be able to envision ideas about how to design a fully responsive website, but also be able to translate them from a print oriented design.
As investors in people, they will offer you valuable training, mentoring and support from experienced designers and web developers, as well as the opportunity to work on large and exciting projects with well-known brands. Do not worry if you don't have industry experience, a training programme will be provided to support your learning and development across all aspects of the role. This will include basic HTML and CSS training in order to assist with the development and maintenance of their websites.
Communication skills are vital, as your role will involve the effective presentation of designs to clients, many of whom are executives of large companies. You will be required to provide support to clients throughout the duration of a project. Good internal communication is also a must, as you will be working closely with many departments including the consultancy team, who are responsible for engineering the user journey of their websites. You will then need to translate this user journey into a visually engaging user interface.
- Design engaging and visually appealing responsive websites
- Working with their consultancy team to design from a wireframe
- Understanding a client's brand guidelines
- Attending client meetings to present concepts
- Researching trends and new web technologies
- Effective communication with clients in line with their 'service junkie' culture
Necessary skills and experience:
- A digitally-focused creative who understands and creates mobile-first, pixel perfect designs
- An ability to work to brand guidelines
- Understand the capabilities and constraints of web technologies
- Able to take constructive criticism both internally and from clients
- Strong communication skills
- Hard-working and flexible with potential overtime
Desirable skills and experience:
- A basic knowledge of writing in HTML and CSS
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working with the Bootstrap framework
- Experience using a content management system (CMS)
- Using a text editor (Visual Studio and/or Sublime text)