This award winning creative agency is seeking a graduate to kick-start a career in front-end web development. You will be joining a close-knit, sociable team that is looking to expand. Your primary role will involve collaborating with their project teams to build responsive mobile-first websites that push the boundaries of industry standards.
You will have a web development related degree with good exposure to front-end web languages and technologies.
You will have an up to date knowledge of current front-end web trends
You will be a passionate individual, who loves their tech and all things digital.
You will be a digital evangelist, have a curious nature and be a person who naturally always questions how and why something operates.
As accredited investors in people, they will offer you valuable training, mentoring and support from experienced web developers and designers, as well as the opportunity to work on large and exciting projects with well-known brands. Do not worry if you don't have industry experience, a training programme will be provided to support your learning and development across all aspects of the role.
Communication skills are vital, as you have the opportunity to provide support to clients, via telephone, e-mail, or occasional face to face meetings. Good internal communication is also important, you will be working closely with the consultancy team and digital designers to gain full understanding of project work. You will be offering technical advice when translating designs into fully responsive mobile first websites.
- Maintain and upgrade an existing pool of websites
- Work with their designers and consultancy team to build from a predefined design
- Offer technical advice to both internal project members and clients
- Build responsive mobile first websites that adhere to their house styles and rules
- Research trends and new technologies
- Collaborate with other departments through regular meetings and ongoing internal communication
- Necessary skills and experience:
- An intermediate knowledge of writing in HTML and CSS
- Understand the capabilities and constraints of web technologies
- Handle constructive criticism in a professional manner
- Strong communication skills
- Hard-working and flexibility during busy working periods
Desirable skills and experience:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working with the Bootstrap framework
- Experience using a content management system (CMS) - preferably Umbraco
- Using a text editor