Want to help design and build a brand new set of apps and a platform for the future of Talent Management at Amazon, as experienced by hundreds of thousands of employees? You can help us deliver an awesome employee experience, putting the employee at the center of their career. Come be part of a team that will directly shape and influence the future growth of every employee at Amazon including your own!
You will work as part of a sustainable paced agile team and you will take ownership for some parts of the platform and apps. You and the team will own the business, technology and operations, giving you the responsibility, authority and autonomy to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24x7.
Come join a team full of very intelligent and capable people who come from all over the world. Enjoy the chance to work in a relaxed setting with a good social life. The team based in Edinburgh, Scotland is rapidly expanding. Successful candidates will have strong technical ability, a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
• Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated strong object-oriented design and coding skills in Java (or equivalent languages such as C++/C#/Python/Ruby)
• Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills
• The candidate will be highly pragmatic - a do-er as well as a thinker; we use technology to solve real-world problems expediently to achieve spectacular business returns
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation)
• Design and architecture (design patterns, web services, high-scale, high-availability, multi-tier distributed systems)
• Linux/UNIX (command-line tools, shell scripts, operations)
• Best-practice software engineering including Agile methodologies, unit testing, TDD, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes
• Results oriented with a strong customer and business focus
• Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a cooperative team player
• Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences
• Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
• Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment
• Strong sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software
In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, and many other excellent benefits including healthcare and Stock. At Amazon, employees have the opportunity to become owners of the Company. We want employees to think like owners, and awarding equity provides an ownership opportunity to our employees. Eligible Amazon and subsidiary employees receive Amazon Restricted Stock Units. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career in a unique, passionate and international environment, work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.